The Japanese have a deep rooted love and veneration of culture, of respect, of nature and the world around us. Very important to them is the Garden; the balance and beauty to be found by laying out and organising flowes, plants, herbs and trees to their best effect. Hachiman launched their Garden Series back in 1998 focused on such ethos and, since then, have gained a reputation for quality, beauty and sustainability. Simply the Best.
- Tough, Thick-Walled Construction For Extra Strength
- Produced From A Wood Pulp & Plastic Mix Approved By United Nations
- Sustainable Design & Production, Fully Recyclable, Non-Toxic.
- Extremely Durable with Ultra Long Life
- All Pots Come With Water Draining Holes In The Base
- Lightweight So Easy To Carry Around
- Natural Look with Individually Unique Texture
- Ages Gracefully like Natural Wood
- Frost Proof & All Weather Proof
- Water, Mould & Sun UV Resistant
- Available in 7 Colours & Multiple Shapes & Sizes
- 15 Year Life Expectancy Looked After Properly
- 2 Year Guarantee
- All Weather Planting & Growing
- Creating Colourful & Mixed Displays
- Indoor or Outdoor Use
- All Plant & Small Shrub Sizes
- Creating a Stunning Herb Garden
For all of us sustainable means many things but we feel an important factor is the life of a product. As our Grandparents taught us if we take care of things then they should last! All our products are selected with that in mind; they are built to last. They may cost a little more but once bought then they should never need to be bought again! A benefit to your pocket, but also the planet.
If you find anything you disagree with or want to know more about then, please, just ask, this is an ongoing work in progress! Call us on 01993 867075 or email [email protected] We care!
Hachimans Sustainable Development Goals
Founded in July 1965 family owned Hachiman-Kasei is located in the beautiful Japanese city of Gifu Gujo Hachiman in the Gifu-Prefecture, officially designated A Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Site. With this history and surrounding Hachiman-Kasei are well aware of their responsibility to the local community and the greater world especially when working with an environmentally sensitive material such as plastic.
Plastic is unavoidable in our daily life but, when used, it should be used with purpose, with responsibility, with environmental awareness and with long term consideration for future generations.
The Home Product Range (Balcolore, OmniOffre, OmniOutil, Cestino and TapTrash) are all made from virgin plastic with no additives nor mixes. The reason for this is durability and longevity; these products are designed to do a tough job but, in doing that, must last a lifetime. Adding recycled or even plant based material would compromise the inherent strength of the product leading to a shorter life and thus a need to dispose of or recycle the product sooner. The real sustainability here is to make a product once that will last a lifetime and beyond and that causes less damage to our planet than repeated production and recycling.
The Garden Product Range does not require the same level of strength and so are made from either wood pulp or recycled paper then, as neither natural material is strong enough on its own to last for long, virgin plastic is added to the mix to, again, create a product that will last a lifetime and beyond. Such is the success of their approach this range has been officially approved by the United Nations as fully meeting their Sustainable Development Goals, full details can be found at sdgs.un.org/goals.
(1) All raw and other materials are sourced from fully approved, certified and official sites and companies
(2) All production machinery is to the latest and most efficient specification and all waste material is reused
(3) The factory is operated meeting all safety and health requirements and the workforce is well paid and treated
(4) All finished goods are produced to the highest standard and quality levels.
No posts found