Hukka's Uunikko Soapstone Cooking Pot is a 2.7 litre pot that's perfect for creating delicious, tender casseroles and stews in the way of a big, wood-fired oven (the best baking ovens are made with soapstone!)
Place all of your ingredients inside the Uunikko pot and put it in the oven. Set the temperature of the oven to 200 degrees centigrade for an initial 30 minute to one hour period (depending on what you're cooking) and then turn the oven down to just 100 degrees. Leave it to cook on a low temperature for a long time (at a setting this low it's difficult to overcook your stew!) Once ready, you can turn the oven off and leave the Uunikko in the oven where the contents will stay warm until you're ready to bring it directly to the table for serving.
After use, the Uunikko Pot can be washed normally, though you must remember to leave it to dry for at least 24 hours before exposing it to heat again.
Special Features of Soapstone...
- Hard wearing, durable & sturdy
- Withstands low or high temperatues
- Non-toxic, safe, mould resistant, totally hygienic
- Stays hot or cold for a long time
- Does not absorb any liquids or smells
- Soft to the touch yet dense & heavy
- Excellent weather, sun, salt and UV resistance
- Food safe
No posts found