The Hukka Uunikko Soapstone Cooking Pot is a 2.7 litre pot thats perfect for creating delicious, tender casseroles and stews in the way of a big, wood-fired oven (the best baking ovens are made with soapstone!)
Place all of your ingredients inside the Uunikko pot and put it in the oven. Set the temperature of the oven to 200 degrees centigrade for an initial 30 minute to one hour period (depending on what youre cooking) and then turn the oven down to just 100 degrees. Leave it to cook on a low temperature for a long time (at a setting this low its difficult to overcook your stew!) Once ready, you can turn the oven off and leave the Uunikko in the oven where the contents will stay warm until youre ready to bring it directly to the table for serving.
After use, the Uunikko Pot can be washed normally, though you must remember to leave it to dry for at least 24 hours before exposing it to heat again.
This product weighs 6.0 kg.
Special Features of Finlands Carelian Soapstone...
- Completely natural & sustainable
- Will last a lifetime and beyond
- Dispose of in the garden as rocks or stones
- Hard wearing, durable & sturdy
- Withstands low or high temperatues
- Stays hot or cold for a long time
- Safe, mould resistant, totally hygienic
- Inert, non-toxic & allergy free
- Does not absorb any liquids or smells
- Soft to the touch yet dense & heavy
- Excellent weather, sun, salt and UV resistance
- Food safe & fully approved
No posts found